HOME

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Dorset England and Origami Cranes

Imagine my surprise that a Friar, living in rural Dorset England just happened to find my origami cranes on the internet!

So Friday I recieved an email from an Anglican Franciscan Friar living in a large friary in rural Dorset England. They are in the process of developing a centre for peace and reconciliation and are currently creating a communal piece of art based on The Canticle of the Creatures by St Francis.

As an ongoing piece of work they would like the people who visit and stay with them to participate in making a thousand cranes to display at the centre.

I was contacted so that they could ask permission to use my description of why I fold cranes to display alongside their own.

Because I LOVE all animals, especially my garden snails, the canticle of St Francis, Patron Saint of animals, made the whole email even more special. I told him I would be honored for them to use my text. It's a wonderful feeling knowing that the tiny cranes I fold can reach people all the way over in Europe. I've offered to send one as well...

0 Click Here to Comment: