HOME

Sunday, March 4, 2007

It's a Challenge for Love, Locks of Love

Knowing that MANY brides grow their hair long just so they can have that nifty updo on their wedding day... I'm throwing down a challenge.

For the past 4 years I've been growing out my hair to donate it to Locks of Love. It was a great feeling when I cut off 17" in January 2003 and sent it in to this incredible non-profit that provides wigs to financially disadvantaged kids suffering from long-term hair loss for a variety of medical reasons.

I had planned to send in the minimum 10" they ask for. The night before my cut I looked at their website for the first time and got all choked up when I saw the little girls, first bald, then with their long hair wigs... When I went in the next day I asked the stylist to cut it all off. She did and I never regretted it.

Now I'm doing it again... Sometime in September or October of this year. The actual date is TBD. Who's with me? Any of you want to make the commitment to grow your hair all summer then donate with me? For those who live in Northern CA. there will be a The Flirty Guide party where my good friend and hair stylist Armando Sarabia will cut my hair on-location... Possibly the hair of anybody who is planning to donate. If we get enough people on board we may need a team of stylists on hand. Dare I hope?

Photo by: Craig W. Smith, www.ThePhotoman.com

0 Click Here to Comment: