HOME

Friday, April 20, 2007

Stale or Frozen? May the Best Peep Win!

So I'm one of those people who loves stale Peeps. Something about the chewier texture just makes them taste better. After last years Peep disappointment I wasn't planning on having any Peeps this year but my boyfriend surprised me with a big box of yellow Peep chickens. I began this years Peep experience by opening the package and letting my little chickens go stale for a week.

Late one night I was emailing with a friend who told me that Peeps are really good frozen. Frozen? Was she serious? I promptly got up and put the rest of my Peeps in the freezer. I have to say I felt a little guilty as I put my cheery little chicks into the cold dark freezer and shut the door.

The next day I took them out and found that marshmallows stay pliable even when frozen. And WOW they were great. So now I recommend Frozen Stale Peeps as the best way to consume these little marshmallowie delights!

0 Click Here to Comment: