HOME

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Kwik-E-Mart

OK I must confess I watch the Simpsons. Not by choice however. My fiance thinks the show is great. Personally I'm not a fan. But when one of the 7 Elevens in Mountainview California was chosen as one of the twelve stores nationwide to be transformed for one month into a Simpson's "Kwik-E-Mart" to promote the highly anticipated, ok that may be going a bit far I don't think it's really highly anticipated, nor will it be critically acclaimed... I could be wrong but I don't think so, The Simpson's Movie coming out this summer.

I went because I was curious to go see it and be part of the brief, month long, phenomenon that everyone was buzzing about. So they were selling Krusty O's cereal, radio active pink donuts and Buzz cola. Sorry, no Duff beer. By the time I got there all of the Krusty O's were long gone and the donuts were just too scary, so I settled for a 6-pack of Buzz cola. Did I mention I don't even drink cola? I guess I just got caught up in the moment. We're going to serve it at our next BBQ. Here are lots of pictures for those of you who didn't get to go to a Kwik-E-Mart. Enjoy!










2 Click Here to Comment:

nothing but the truth said...

Too cute. I love The Simpsons. It's the funniest show ever. Thanks for sharing the pictures!!!! Those pink donuts look yummy, but I am not a big sugar fan so I probably couldn't eat one. It looks sickly sweet! The cereal sounds interesting the closest one to me is in LA.
Leah
www.mercadodelmundo.org

nothing but the truth said...

Wow, that is so cool! I LOVE the Simpsons, and think it is the funniest show on tv. Thanks for sharing I looked up the nearest Kwik e Mart to me is in LA, too far to drive for a donut. here's the link for locations. http://www.7-eleven.com/kem_den.asp
Leah
www.mercadodelmundo.org