HOME

Thursday, November 29, 2007

And The Awards Went To...

Are you going to give a toast at the reception? That's what my then fiance kept asking me week after week. Each time I would tell him "No" I don't like speaking in front of crowds.

He kept telling me the toasts would be "An opportunity to declare our love for each other." He had been working on his toast to me for months. LOL. Little did he know that I had come up with my own fun and flirty plan. Knowing he loves awards, he has three bowling trophies that he's quite proud of, I decided to order a trophy for him that said "Best Husband" and planned to present it to him during the toasts at our reception.

When the time came I was shocked at how inexpensive trophies are if you know where to order them. I found these Oscar style awards on marble bases at www.K2Awards.com. They were $15.99 each and I had one for each of the three stages of our relationship: Best Boyfriend, Best Fiance and Best Husband. The dates on each one corresponded to the dates of each phase.

So there we were at our reception and imagine his shock when our master of ceremonies announced that it was time for the "Awards" portion of the reception. I stepped up to the podium and did my best to articulate to our family and friends why John is just the best guy ever. My previous post where I mentioned he had given me a AAA card months after we began dating was just one of the many thoughtful things he's done for me since we've been together. He was very moved and now his new trophies reside proudly alongside his bowling trophies on our mantle.

On a side note he was slightly relieved that Kitai, my dog, didn't win the costume contest when we were on the TODAY show a few days later. The winning dog received a trophy that was at least 3 feet high! His concern? That he didn't want to be upstaged by the dog. LOL.

0 Click Here to Comment: