HOME

Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Four Seasons, Palo Alto

A few weeks back I was invited to attend a site tour of the Four Seasons in Palo Alto. I've driven past this impressive looking hotel many times as I zip back and forth to the city on HWY 101 but had never had an opportunity to look inside.

I think the biggest surprise to me was that the Hotel in incredibly quiet inside. One would think being all glass alongside a highway you would hear some of the traffic streaming by, at least a little bit. But honestly? You don't hear anything at all through the triple paned glass windows on the north side. Pretty amazing. At home I can hear my neighbors phone ringing from inside my house but couldn't hear a peep once inside the hotel.

I borrowed this photo from their website. It shows their beautiful outdoor reception area near the fountain. That evening they had set up a ceremony area by the fountain and the indoor banquet room for the reception. I think one of the nicest things about hotels is that it's sooooo easy for your guests to be able to attend the ceremony and reception in one location. It's a gesture even more appreciated f you have a lot of out-of-towners who don't know their way around.

And oh my gosh is this dessert buffet a dream come true or what??? And if you can believe it I hardly got to sample anything because I had to leave a bit early to go have dinner with friends. I did eat one macaroon on a stick just before I had to go. And I grabbed a raspberry tart and left it in the car while I went to dinner. I ate it on the way home. Yummmmm. How could I resist? I made sure my friends understood the depth of my sacrifice that I dined with them instead of staying at the Four Seasons by showing them these photos over dinner.



0 Click Here to Comment: