HOME

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Racy Ming • Custom Chi Paos and Cheong Sams

I first met Racy Ming when I designed and developed the website for her new company. Racy consults with Bay Area women and brides custom designing tailored chi paos and cheong sams not only for Chinese American brides but for all women who enjoy the beauty of Asian textiles.

All images in this post provided by Racy Ming

The exciting news is Racy's Chi Paos might be featured on the TODAY show sometime this week. When I find out the "if and when" I'll let you know for sure. As some of you might remember my dog Kitai and I were flown out to NYC last October to be on their Halloween episode. It is a very fluid production. They kind of know if they are going to feature you, but when is a whole other story. They pushed our segment back several times the day I was there and if any larger news story breaks that day? You could get bumped altogether. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that her beautiful gowns are shown on air. I'd love for more people to know about her wonderful company.

Gorgeous!

This is Racy Ming pictured above. Here is a quote from her website: "Every gown is custom tailored for a perfect fit. I strive to offer clients a wide choice of fabric patterns that they will find appealing, as well as a variety of styling options that will best flatter them as individuals. My personalized approach makes this an easy and comfortable process, with the end product designed to the client’s specifications."

Regardless of ethnicity, age and body type the dresses are beautiful for weddings, parties, and other formal occasions. Jackets, two piece ensembles and other custom tailored clothing are also available. Whether you are planning to walk down the aisle or just need to make an impression, her chi paos can be elegant and traditional or chic and modern. Racy will personally help develop the perfect gown for you!

Tara above had this to say on Racy's Raves page:

"Working with Racy was great!
She had an extensive collection of patterns to choose from. There were so many beautiful colors and designs I had a hard time picking just one.

I was a little nervous at first, but I was pleasantly surprised! After just one measuring meeting, I had my dress in just a couple of weeks and it was even more beautiful than I had imagined and the fit was just right. I will definitely be ordering more pieces from Racy in the future.

Tara Cooper, Sacramento"


Here are some of the gorgeous silk fabrics for her 2008 season.

Free consultations are available for clients in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I think the San Francisco Bay Area is really lucky to have Racy Ming. In my 11 years of working in the wedding industry creating my custom bridal accessories she is the first person I've ever met who specializes in creating custom chi paos.

1 Click Here to Comment:

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

Beautiful fabrics and custom fit too... wow!