HOME

Monday, June 9, 2008

Sex and the City

Just how cute are these shoe cupcakes? Lea McIntosh over at Lea McIntosh Weddings and Fine Events sent the photo to me. This adorable cosmo and cupcake party was for the Sex and the City farewell bash she threw when the HBO series went off the air.

But it's inspired me to have a styling cupcake before seeing my fav gal pals on the big screen. Maybe this week...

It seems most people love or hate the series. I'll admit at first I didn't care for it so much. Sure it was easy enough to laugh at all of the funny bits. But my initial reaction was that all in all I thought the women were really flawed. It took a few episodes before I realized that the flaws are what made them real. Even if you didn't have any of their issues at the time you watched the series, chances are you had at least some of them in the past or you knew family members or friends you could relate a lot of them to. With that realization came an appreciation for the poignancy of some of the toughest times the women faced and the way they supported each other through them.

My hubby doesn't understand a lot of my friendships. As a man there are some things he'll never understand. That's ok though because quite frankly I don't quite understand a lot of his friendships. Or, errrrrr, former lack of friendships.

Case in point. When we met? He used to attend a weekly supper club. For years he ate with the same group of guys almost every week. Yet he wasn't really friends with any of them. Every week he saw these guys for an hour or so, ate, and left until the next week. I marveled at that. Put the same women together week after week, month after month, year after year... And they'll be going out to dinner, chatting on the phone and getting together for who knows what, probably after the first month or two. LOL

Women are great at being friends with each other, and when they find those special friends? They're forever. I have a lot of those friends. They all mean the world to me and I cherish each relationship. They are one of the best parts of being me. I consider myself very, very, lucky to have the good fortune of having all of them in my life. We laugh, cry, support each other in person, on the phone and online. Whether I talk to them every day or once a year we accept each other whatever our differences may be. Just like Carrie, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte.

2 Click Here to Comment:

Anonymous said...

*squeal* I love those shoe cupcakes!!! Oh, and SATC is fabulous as well. I dig Carrie's Dior gladiator heels.

Tinygami said...

Hi Anna,

Thanks for dropping by!

Can you believe I still haven't seen the movie??? Next week for sure!

The cupcakes are adorable! Lea has such great ideas.