HOME

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Swarovski Crystal Bridal Shoes


After

This was a quick and easy project. Adding sew-on Swarovski crystals to a pair of bridal shoes. The Bride wanted just a little bit of sparkle to complement the delicate rhinestones embedded in the tiny buckle on the ankle strap. She dropped them off and came back the same day to pick them up with tiny, individually handsewn and knotted crystals gracing what was once a plain satin strip on the top of each shoe.


Before

2 Click Here to Comment:

Anonymous said...

that crystal idea is brilliant! (no pun intended.)
but SEWN on? how??

nice work.

Tinygami said...

Hey Andrew! Thanks for dropping by.

I use invisible nylon thread, a needle, a tiny delica seed bead and a special crystal rhinestone that is flat and has a hole in the center, so it's basically shaped like a sequin. They come in several sizes. I think I used the 4mm for this project. I"ve also used them in the past to hand bead gowns with for designers in the city and even a couple of clients.

I should add this to my DIY tutorial list for the idea pages.