HOME

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Well It's Official... I've Gone To The Dogs

A few days ago I received an email inquiry asking if I would be interested in a short guest posting stint on the Official Dogster.com blog. Most of you know I am a huge fan of Dogster. I go there and pretend to be my dog, Kitai, and talk to other people pretending to be their dogs.
Seriously, it's not as crazy as it sounds.

On Dogster your online username is your dog's name. Your avatar is a photo of your dog. So it's only natural that people start speaking as their dog right? Ummmm well that's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

So not to worry, I posted as myself, a human being, and not me pretending to be my dog. My post is titled "Does Your Dog Need a Blog?"

All in all I can't say enough good things about Dogster. Want the latest news about anything dog related and I swear you'll read it in their forums days before the mainstream media picks up the story. Want to help support dogs in need, help demand responsible owner legislation, tougher cruelty laws and learn about the latest in dog health, nutrition, training and behavior? The Dogster Forums is where you can do all of that and much, much more.

My post is all about how a blog can help to share this information with even more pet owners then those who are members of Dogster. In particular I think starting a blog and adding a link list to all of your local shelters and rescues that you email to anyone you hear of looking to adopt a pet is such an easy thing we as individuals can do. And it can help save some of the millions of unwanted pets in our nations shelters each year. I have a Northern California shelter and rescue link list on Kitai's website home page. Just scroll down a bit and you'll see it.

Other then emailing it to interested friends how do people find it? Well it's easy once I hand them one of his business cards. LOL.


Since joining Dogster I've learned a lot about the internet, basic HTML, online communities, how to post on a forum and how to be a better communicator in general. I've also made some really fantastic real life friends. (If you aren't a dog lover they also have Catster for people who are into their kitties.)

Check out Kitai's Dogster page. When you join Dogster or Catster you get a free online profile where you can add a bio and 10 pictures of your pet. If you join, you can send Kitai a Pup Pal Request and toss him a few virtual bones :P

0 Click Here to Comment: