HOME

Monday, August 4, 2008

My Knight in Shining Armour

OK, maybe he wasn't a knight in shining armour. In fact, he was actually a geek in a Saturn

Still, he came to my rescue and that's what counts.

So I mentioned in my last post that something went wrong on Saturday when I made my debut as a wedding coordinator's assistant.

I had planned to meet Wedding Coordinator Lea McIntosh (and her two professional assistants) but my early start was not meant to be. Here's the thing. I went to bed, woke up and got ready. I left the house at 9:30 am to meet Lea at her place at 10:00 am.

All I needed to do was stop at the gas station on the corner to fill my tank. I'm sure "real" wedding coordinators fill their tank the day before an event. I'm also sure this was my first of many rookie moves that day. In any case there I was, plenty of time to get to Lea's house, filling my tank. Hum de dum dum. I paid with my credit card then leaned back into the car to put my CC back into my purse. When I was done I gently moved the door... I heard it go click but didn't think about it. After I finished filling my tank I went to get back in the car and that's when I realized with a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that, Yup... I locked my keys into the car, on my way to a wedding.

My purse was also in the car so my cell phone was locked in as well.

Aside from feeling like a total idiot and wanting to kick myself I had to figure out what to do. So I went in and borrowed the gas station phone to call for help. I woke up my hubby who likes to sleep in on Saturday mornings and said: "Hellooooooooo. Are you awake?" He stumbled out of bed and came and picked me up at the gas station. He drove me home and waited while I went in to find my spare key.

Here's where I got lucky, yes, lucky. Normally I keep my spare in my purse. Which was now locked in my car. But a few weeks ago while at an industry event I valet parked my car and left the key in my coat pocket. So it could have been worse. I could have locked BOTH keys into the car. Needless to say I will now be getting a third spare made to leave at the house. LOL

In any case my super sweet hubby was such a good sport about coming to rescue me I told him I would dedicate a blog post to him. He's the best!

5 Click Here to Comment:

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

Gosh, that was so stressful, but kudos to your hubby! What a great guy... he truly was your knight in shining armor!

DK Designs said...

You forgot to post a picture of him since he's so camera shy. :) LOL!

Now when I go to do this wedding in Mau in December you're going to be that little voice in my head making me triple and quadruple check to make sure I have everything before I leave.

Tinygami said...

LOL it's really tiny but I actually photoshopped his face into the suit of armour.

Oh and he is not camera shy. In fact he is the absolute reverse of me. There is a photo of him over dramatically drinking a Coke at lunch in this post:

http://theflirtyguide.blogspot.com/2008/07/flirty-ideas-comments-are-here.html

LOL he' such a ham he had me replace Marilyn Monroe who was in the photo behind him, with another photo of him :D

DK Designs said...

I was joking. I remember you said he's so likes to be photographed and put on your website. :) I did see his headshot in the little knight. I'm surprised he didn't tell you to make it bigger... :)

Tinygami said...

LOL I forgot I told you that :D

And he did comment that it was hard to tell it was him. I thought about adding another picture for him but I seriously don't have the time to humor him. He'll have to do something else wonderful to have another photo in the blog. >:D