HOME

Monday, October 13, 2008

PSA: Call+Response

This isn't a typical fun and flirty post. As much as I try to keep the content on this blog fun and lighthearted, from time to time some informative posts will pop up even if they don't meet that criteria because I believe their message is too important not to share.


I don't know why but I've always felt like reading the news is really important. Maybe it's the six years I spent as a kid delivering newspaper routes? Now that news is online I am an official news junkie. Among other sites I check out CNN, MSNBC, SFgate, BBC, Reuters, LATimes and more each day. Today I came across a disturbing video story highlighting a recently made film about children being kidnapped or sold into the international human trafficking sex trade. You can visit the Call + Response website to learn more about how to help children worldwide.

While many think human trafficking only happens overseas the ugly truth is that it is taking place in cities across our entire country either from women being tricked or forced into the trade when they arrive in the U.S. or are sometimes even citizens who are nabbed off of city streets. I remember reading a series of articles in SFGate not long ago dealing with this issue and showing how it happens right here in the Bay Area.

I wanted to share this with you because the film is playing in many cities this week including the Bay Area in San Jose until October 16th and in San Francisco through October 17th. You can check out their website to see if it is playing in your city by CLICKING HERE. I'll be joining the website to see if in my normal day to day routine there is anything I can do to help put an end to this horrific practice. This post is the first thing I am doing. Going to see the film will be the second.

0 Click Here to Comment: