HOME

Friday, October 24, 2008

My name is Stacie and I am a cupcake-a-holic...

When I was a kid there were bakeries. Period. Now? Now there are cupcakeries. Have you heard of them? Shopped at one?

After two visits to Ghirardelli Square over the past two years I finally had the opportunity to visit Kara's Cupcakes during business hours! I was so excited to finally be able to buy some of their oh-so-cute cupcakes. I'm also looking forward to the opening of their shop in Santana Row sometime soon. Each week I walk by and take a peek to see if the boarding is down and the cupcakes are in but so far nadda. I guess I'll have to be patient.

To be honest I still don't know how they taste. They're sitting in my kitchen but I'm not going to sample them until later tonight. These were the flavors I chose starting at the top left and working clockwise: salted chocolate and caramel, sweet vanilla, pumpkin and Ghirardelli chocolate.

So many choices!

Plus it was my friend Stacie's birthday yesterday so I felt to honor her I should have cake even though she lives far away and can't have any with me. Let me know your birthdays too and I'll eat cupcakes on your birthdays. I'll be more then happy to mark them in my calendar. Oh and I'll send you an email reminder and a picture of the celebration cupcake I'll be eating in your name but that's about it. LOL

This is the one I'm most looking forward to trying... It's chocolate with salt crystals on the top and filled with caramel of some type. I can't remember the official name of it but I'm guessing it's going to be great. I'll post back later with a review but so far it looks fantastic!

OK it was as good as I'd hoped it would be. The next time I go back this is the only flavor I'm getting. I also ate the pumpkin cupcake but it didn't compare to this one. You can see how great it was. I only wish you could smell it! The frosting was like dark chocolate fudge and the cake was moist and tasty. The salt and caramel added just a bit of extra zing and pizzaz! I give it a thumbs up!

I gave the Ghiradelli chocolate and sweet vanilla to my friend Vicki so hopefully she'll be commenting with a review of them sometime soon.

5 Click Here to Comment:

DK Designs said...

OMG that's so funny when I saw your FB status this morning I thought, did Stacie go to Kara's Cupcakes?? I can't believe you have the will to wait until later tonight to eat them. I would have had one for breakfast. I am waiting for them to open in Santana Row too. I think we should plan another outing! :)

Tinygami said...

*whispering... I ate a brown butter cake and a brownie from Miette for breakfast.*

Would love to get together anytime!

victoria said...

my name is vicki and i fully support stacie's cupcake-aholicism.. especially when she shares! I was lucky enough to be a recipient of 4 macaroons and 2 cupcakes.. I was nice.. I shared 2 of the macaroons and ate two. :P They were delicious as usual, just heavenly!

I brought the cupcakes home and had them in the fridge, the frosting was solid (oops) so I popped the Ghiradelli one in the microwave.. fantastic! There's melted chocolate in the inside, like a souffle!

Stacie I think we should start a cupcake critiquing blog and do some tastings.. for research purposes of course. :)

Kate said...

Heh, you tried Jeni's Salty Caramel ice cream when you were in Columbus, correct? I'm going to pretend that ice cream is what got you started on that flavor combo. Also, since you posted this on my birthday, I'm also going to pretend you ate that cupcake for me! And how perfect does that icing look? Yum!

Tinygami said...

Oh wow Vicki, now I'm going to have to try the microwave method of molten chocolate cupcakes...

Maybe I'll do that for Kate's birthday next year :D

LOL :P