HOME

Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Fall Wedding Cake Topper


Fall inspires me...


The shapes...


The color palette...

Lead me to creating things like this autumn inspired cake topper. This was a custom order I made several years ago for a bride who wanted a dragonfly cake topper but didn't want it to be summery. So instead of the typical flowers I usually pair with the dragonflies I went autumnal and came up with two new original designs.


Between the 2 elements these Swarovski crystal acorns were the big hit.

But I love these berry branches. Together they were the perfect accompaniment to the brown, red and gold dragonflies.

You can view more custom cake toppers on my bridal accessory website: The Flirty Bride

5 Click Here to Comment:

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

Wow, they look so real. Great job, Stacie! :) Love the fall colors!

Anonymous said...

It is so grogeous! I heard you say you wanted to make a fall-inspired cake topper as you took the pictures last week. I just couldn't imagine you making such an amazing cake topper in what...2 Days! AMAZING!! Or should I say totally OOC? HeHe.

DK Designs said...

Beautiful work Stacie! I love the little acorns. It's truly amazing what you see that inspires you and to conceptualize it in your beadwork! :)

Tinygami said...

Thanks Everyone :D

I LOVE making these cake toppers and the more unusual the request the better. Soon I'll have a new really cool one to share with you... It will be my first collaborative effort with another really wonderful designer.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful interpretation of fall... I love it!