HOME

Friday, December 12, 2008

The Flirty Bride Custom Cake Toppers

Oooooh some of you are going to be sad :o( To be honest I'm a bit sad myself. Due to the limited number of hours in any given day I am in a position where I had to make some tough decisions. You see running multiple companies may be fun and interesting but it's also exhausting and at times counter productive. Because of this I've made an official decision regarding the future of The Flirty Bride.

Many of you may know that my accessory company began 11 years ago based on my ability to create custom bridal veils and headpieces. While I have enjoyed the process tremendously it's time for me to take a step back. Not to worry though, I'll still be making most of my accessories, I'll just be offering them online only. The one item I will be discontinuing though are my custom veils. Oooh I want to duck and cover after I say that.

In the past few years I've been noticing an increase in the requests for my custom wedding cake toppers. The best part? I can create truly custom pieces for brides no matter how far away they live from me.

They send me a photo or sketch and color swatch and the rest we work out by email and online with me posting photos of the components I create before assembling the piece and again after assembly for their approval before shipping. It's a system that has proven to be 100% successful in guaranteeing that each client receives a cake topper they love.

To be honest I love making the cake toppers. They have become my most favorite thing to make so it seemed only natural if I were to scale back on my production that I would keep as my specialty the part I enjoy the most.

So last night I re-launched my The Flirty Bride website. If you have a moment please take a peek and let me know what you think of the new look and navigation. Comments and constructive criticism are always welcomed!

6 Click Here to Comment:

Anonymous said...

Stacie,

We love everything you do. The new site design is fabulous, of course.

Stay true to yourself, do what you love, and you will be successful! We know it!

Cheers,
the uberBrides Team

Anonymous said...

Hey! Congratulations on the new endeavor. I'm sure the decision to switch gears wasn't easy, but your toppers are GORGEOUS so I'm sure your decision was the right one!

Tinygami said...

Thank you for the support and kind words uberBrides and Kim.

Those of you who read my blog and know that I get precious little sleep each night will understand why I had to lighten my work load... I'm so sorry to disappoint anyone but felt while my work was able to maintain a high degree of quality, my quality of life was suffering from becoming spread too thin trying to do too much. I have a feeling the majority of you will identify with and see yourselves in that statement.

It is my sincere hope that the transition out of all accessories and into featuring my custom cake toppers will be a smooth one and that brides will still have fun together dreaming up unique and inspiring creations that I can create for their wedding and celebration cakes.

DK Designs said...

WOOHOO! :) Congrats on the site redesign and the refocus of The Flirty Bride! Your cake toppers are my absolute favorite. Plus there's such a need for unique, modern and stylish cake toppers. Can't wait to collaborate again with you! Beads and clay flowers = FABULOUS!

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

I LOVE the cake topper you made for me, Stacie... if you ever need any references, you can have your clients contact me!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new site design! These cake toppers are so adorable.

A