HOME

Monday, January 19, 2009

I Love Cheese! More Cheese Please!

Recently I took a little trip down my cheese memory lane... Or Hall of Fame so to speak...

My favorite cheese dish last year was this one that I ordered at Marcella's Ristorante in Columbus, Ohio: Melted pecorino romano cheese with green apples, crostini and truffle honey...

Ahhhh and this one from the California Cafe in Los Gatos, CA: Almond baked brie with roasted heads of garlic and an apricot chutney...

This honey on my French cheese plate at Zibibbo in Palo Alto, CA... Oooh this honey was so yummy and the cheese was creamy dreamy.

Looking at these pictures of cheese of days gone by gave me such a craving that I had to go buy some... I did pick up some brie, one of my all time favorites. I love brie both cold and melted.

But this was a new find. Kalamata olives embedded into jack cheese. It's so great. Love it. Love, love, love it! Reminds me of a great olive bread I found up in SF at the Acme Bread Company in the Ferry Building. Oooh I have to get more of that bread too!






If you love cheese you'll probably love these posts too:

Cowgirl Creamery: A Northern California Cheese Adventure
Fresh Brillat-Savarin Truffle Cheese
• Au Petit Chavignol... Cheese Redux

3 Click Here to Comment:

DK Designs said...

You're making me hungry for cheese, cheese and more cheese! LOL. :) Good thing fondue is coming soon. YUMMY! :)

Tinygami said...

LOL as a kid I hated cheese so much I'd pick every piece of it off of my pizza and refused to eat it in sandwiches. I used to call it "raw" cheese if it wasn't melted. In fact I still do :P

victoria said...

i'm drooling right now. you know what else would be good with olive bread and cheese? eggplant spread. yum!