HOME

Monday, March 16, 2009

Chung Li • New Studio Launch Party

I can still remember the day I met wedding photographer Chung Li at an intimate soiree the Four Seasons in Palo Alto hosted 2 years ago. We started chatting and hit it off immediately. Chung is so down to earth, upbeat and easy to talk to that when he asked me a question about blogging we instantly bonded right then and there. Once I went home and checked out his website I was just *Wow* at his work.

So when I found out that Chung had moved into a new studio space while reading his blog one day I couldn't have been happier for him.

His work is so gorgeous. He's definitely someone to watch...

A bunch of friends and colleagues all showed up to help him celebrate at his launch party last week.

We oooooh'ed and ahhhhhhh'ed at the new brochure for San Francisco's City Hall. Chung had 8 of his photographs featured in it!

Way to go Chung!

Nicole Ha provided this brightly colored centerpiece.

It was for Chung's all you could eat sushi buffet! Mmmmm I had some kappa maki and unagi maki. So yummy.

I had a great time meeting photographers Raymond and Lilia Ahner for the first time. We chatted the night away. Well, truth be told I did most of the chatting, but I kind of felt like I knew them already because I'd just checked out their websites a couple of nights earlier.

And here Cindy Chin and Amy Tan chatted with photographer Kerry Ling.

I caught this cute shot of Chung as he was posing with Jen's Cakes business card and her cake.

If you recall I'd just tried Jen's red velvet cupcake a few weeks ago at the Hotel Cabana event. The flowers, provided by Nicole Ha, were so beautiful. Parrot tulips are one of my most all time favorite flowers so the cake really caught my eye.

Oh my gosh! And what a surprise we had when Andrew Hsu of Studio MSV hopped out of the cake :D

I had the white cake...

Duncan Reyes couldn't decide which flavor to have... Decisions, decisions...

LOL Here's Duncan in a photo I've titled "The Cake Crew" comprised of Photographer Ricky Wong, Floral Designer Nicole Ha, Event Designer Duncan Reyes and Videographer extraordinaire Andrew Hsu with a fork in his mouth.

Then I decided to test out the macro function on my new camera....

Mmmmmmmm both flavors were so good! The chocolate had bits of toffee between the layers in this yummy filling. I must confess I stole a bite of Andrew's chocolate slice :P

It was a really fun evening winding down a bit here with Duncan and Nicole on the couch and Dawn chatting with Augie as he rocked Jen's baby.

Thank you so much for the invitation to join your celebration Chung. I had a really nice time and was able to just relax, be carefree and enjoy the evening. Wishing you every success in your new location and in 2009.

6 Click Here to Comment:

Anonymous said...

Ray and I were so glad that we had a chance to meet you! Thanks for including us in your wonderful recap! Hopefully we'll see you again soon. :)

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to finally meet you Stacie, and hope to see you at more events soon!

Chung Li said...

Thanks Stacie for coming to my opening party ! great to see you again ! fun fun night !

Anonymous said...

wish we could have made it! looks like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

It's so cute to see Augie holding a baby rather than his camera! :) Looked like a great party... I wish I was there!

Amy Tam said...

It was great seeing you Stacie at Chung's Opening! I've been seeing you at different events but didn't really have a chance to chat more. We should definitely do it next time!! :) and Thanks for including me in your post~