HOME

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lunch at Silks SF • The Mandarin Oriental

Recently I had the pleasure of enjoying lunch with photographer Critsey Rowe at Silks restaurant at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Downtown San Francisco. Their menu is renowned as being a fusion of Asian and West Coast styled dishes. Critsey had the fish and chips. I went a bit more upscale :)

The arugula, jicama, grapefruit salad was good but to be honest the flower petals tasted kind of strange. I think if I ordered it again I would ask for no flower petals.

The lunch was delish! Salmon with ginger slices, a croquette and cucumber tsukemono.

The complimentary chocolates that came at the end of lunch were OH MY GOSH so yummy! We couldn't decide which kind we liked better. The next time I go I'm going to ask for a whole plateful just for me. I don't care how much they cost. They were some of the best chocolates I've ever had.

And the view of the San Francisco skyline from a suite at the Mandarin is stunning! If you click on the image to enlarge it then look closely in the photo below you can even see the Golden Gate Bridge in the background on the left hand side of the photo.

1 Click Here to Comment:

Events by Evonne said...

Ahhh... the food looked awesome, but you didn't take a photo with Critsey???