HOME

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

If You've Ever Wondered What an MRI is like...


My Frankenfoot

Yesterday I had my first MRI ever. It was loud and boring and I'm hoping it doesn't reveal any serious problems. I might have mentioned in a past post that I messed up my ankle back in May. After hobbling around on crutches for a bit and 2 x-rays and a wait-and-see period it's been determined that I may have suffered ligament, tendon or cartilage damage when I twisted my ankle in gymnastics class trying to learn a front flip with full rotation dismount on the balance beam.

Just kidding. That's my "cover" story but I haven't been doing a very good job of sticking to it :P

In all honesty I was basically trying to walk like a normal person when my ankle twisted and I fell down right on top of it while it was twisted. Brilliant. Now I have what I affectionately call my "Frankenfoot." Lovely isn't it?

If you've ever had to wear a Frankenboot you know they basically suck. No sooner did I get mine last week and my leg broke out in a heat rash :(

Next week I should know if there is any visible soft tissue damage. If nothing shows up on the MRI it may be assumed I stress fractured a bone in my ankle. Unfortunately I know exactly what a stress fracture feels like as I once both broke my feet running a 12k road race. 

So tonight you will be able to spot me in the crowd at the Promises and Pearls bridal showcase in San Francisco. I'll be the girl with the big Frankenfoot wearing a dress and "a" heel on the other foot. LOL 

You can view more details about the showcase here (link removed). I think registration is still open so if you're engaged and want to meet some of the Bay Area's top wedding professionals The Payne Mansion will be the place to be tonight!

Update: Frankenfoot goes to Canada

1 Click Here to Comment:

Events by Evonne said...

Oh no, Stacie... are you OK?