HOME

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Kara's Mini Fleur De Sel Cupcake

I've been neglecting the "So Yummy" category on the blog because ever since hurting my ankle in May I started gaining weight. Can you believe just not walking my dog for two months made me gain around 9 lbs! So until my ankle was better I swore off desserts. But I cheated a little bit last night... Enjoy!

I know it doesn't look mini, but I swear it was. When it comes to cupcakes I have to say that Kara's are one of, if not "the" best cupcakes around. I had the Fleur De Sel: A moist and rich dark chocolate cupcake, with a tiny bit of ooey gooey caramel in the middle and that thick and silky chocolate ganache frosting topped with sliver thin flakes of sea salt dusted on top. My mouth is watering just typing that.

If you know a better cupcake please, introduce me!

This entire cupcake is so small I wouldn't be surprised if it could fit into a shot glass. So it looks more decadent then it was but only because I photographed it with my macro camera lens up close and personal. It was quite tiny. But you know what they say about good things coming in small packages. And while we're talking adages, turns out money can buy happiness. It only took $2 to make me sinfully happy last night :)

1 Click Here to Comment:

Events by Evonne said...

It looks soooo good and cute, Stacie. Seems like a bite-size one too!