HOME

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

SF NACE Facebook 101

This morning at around 10:00 A.M. I arrived at the Parc 55 Hotel in downtown San Francisco. I was one of two guest speakers at the NACE luncheon today. The topic was web 2.0. Thankfully Liz Guthrie, my co-guest speaker knows all about Twitter because I know almost everyone is still trying to figure it out, including me!

The room looked snappy with the tables dressed up in white, black and yellow. Of course that's an Especially Yours Chair Covers sash, flowers by Huckleberry Karen Designs and rentals and table cover by Blue Water Party Rental.


Beverly Yip and Duncan Reyes are the SF NACE Event Co-chairs (here sharing a chair) who invited me to be a guest speaker.

The first course was Cold Corn and Lobster Soup. Now here was the bummer: Both the soup and entree contained shellfish and mollusks so unfortunately I couldn't eat either of them to tell you what they were like due to my allergies. The kitchen did send out a small salad to replace the soup for me but somehow, probably because I was speaking, my vegetarian entree never arrived to my table. So, after the meeting I made a quick stop for a bite. It turned out to be a "happy accident." More on that later.

Then the program started. First came an intro to NACE and a recap of the previous meeting last month. A greeting from the hotel and Lorena Cordova, current president of SF Nace, and we were off and running.

Then Liz took the floor. Her presentation about Twitter touched on how to sign up for Twitter, who you friend, how to find friends, how you tweet, why you tweet and the differences between tweeting professionally and personally.

Then it was my turn to talk about Facebook. How to sign up, what it's all about, who to friend, how to post publicly, how to sync your blog to your FB profile, how to send messages...


And the differences between a Personal Profile...


A Business Fan Page...


And a Group Page.

And while I was speaking David Ethridge and Amy Frugoli were posting messages to me on my Facebook wall that popped up during the presentation itself. LOL

Sometime while I was speaking dessert was served. Look how gorgeous it was. Unfortunately I'm still not eating dessert so I didn't get to taste it. Remember my new rule: No dessert until I'm walking and exercising again. I've gained 8 lbs since May 12th when I twisted my ankle.

Here Robbie Schlosser and Liz Guthrie were chatting after the presentation concluded. I asked them to pose for a pic and they kindly obliged.

After the meeting wrapped up I headed to the San Francisco Centre shopping mall to grab a quick bite to eat. I was THRILLED to find out that there is an Out the Door in their food court!

You may recall I've posted about the Out the Door location in the Ferry Building and how I love their steamed chicken buns. Now I know I can also get them downtown, not just down on the Embarcadero.


Score!

0 Click Here to Comment: