HOME

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Silicon Valley NACE at the Corinthian Room

Recently I attended a Silicon Valley NACE event in downtown San Jose.

There were plenty of friendly faces on hand to network and chat with.

I hadn't ever been to the Corinthian Room before. It was really beautiful with very high ceilings.

The first course was a delicious salad. And then I dropped the ball. I forgot to take a picture of the main course! LOL I was a little distracted though because one of my colleagues and I were conducting a switch-a-roo at dinner. The main course was two courses, a small piece of chicken and fish. Amy can't eat fish so I offered to trade her my piece of chicken for her salmon. Then we didn't get to sit next to each other so you can see how my mind might have wandered off of documenting my meal and became more focused on how to get my chicken to her. Right? LOL

I did get a photo of the cheese platter before dinner. I hope that makes up for forgetting the main course.

There were some fun table top designs on display as well. Click on the image to see the enlargements with more details.

And our guest speaker was advanced etiquette expert, author, tranier and public speaker Syndi Seid. I must confess I was not familiar with her work but after that evening am now a big fan. The big treat for me was that I was seated beside her at dinner so we got to chat about etiquette even before her presentation started.

I think all in all we would like to assume that we all practice good etiquette. But that evening Syndi pointed out not the right and wrong way to do things but defined what etiquette is to begin with. I found her discussion to be enlightening and very lively. It was a great evening.

To top things off DJ Rich Amooi won several of the raffle prizes that evening including one of the centerpieces provided by Citti's florists. He gave me the centerpiece as a gift and I in turn gave it to a friend who needed some cheering up dropping it by her house on my way home. It was a beautiful gift that kept on giving :)

0 Click Here to Comment: