HOME

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Kale, Hummingbirds and the Campbell Farmers' Market

Last week I went to the Farmers' Market to purchase Brussels Sprouts and to get more plants for my garden. I headed on over to the Cole Canyon Farms stand.

I chose two kale and some chives.

And look what I saw at their stand. This goes to show if you hurry through life you'll miss out on some cool stuff. Do you see it? It's tiny...

This little hummingbird did two laps around their stand sipping nectar from the various blossoms of lavender and these "Lady in Red" Salvia. To me it was a very special moment and I'm glad I was able to not only see it but also photograph it to share with you.

Check out the schedule on the Cole Canyon Farms website to find out if they'll be in your neighborhood soon. They have all kinds of live herbs and vegetable plants. I was tempted to pick up a tiny Bay Laurel tree but my hands were pretty full with everything else I got that day. Maybe next time :)

You can click on any of the images to see enlargements.

1 Click Here to Comment:

Cindy Robinson said...

Awesome job capturing the hummingbird!