HOME

Friday, October 16, 2009

Mango Licorice

Two of my favorite things to eat are mangos and licorice. So imagine my curiosity when I stumbled upon Darrell Lea's mango flavored licorice at Cost Plus World Market. The bag says it's from Australia so they spell it "Liquorice" with a "q." I love things from Australia. I love parrots, wombats and INXS.

I didn't have high expectations that I would like it. In fact I was pretty sure I'd hate it but it only cost a few dollars so I figured it couldn't hurt to try a bag. Guess what? I liked it a lot!

Even better it contains no artificial colors or flavors. I may just have to buy another bag. The consistency is perfect, firm but soft, and the flavor has a bit of tart to it. Just expanding my horizons :P

2 Click Here to Comment:

Roxanne! said...

I've been eating this licorice for years - it's crack! OMG So good!

The green apple is pretty tasty too, but it's fake green apple. If you like that jolly rancher flavor, dig in.

The strawberry? Also delicious. And it's colored by purple carrots!

Tinygami said...

Oooh Roxanne I LOVED green apple Jolly Ranchers as a kid. Haven't had one in years, maybe even decades LOL. Will have to go try more flavors. The mango is already all gone :P

Thanks for the comment!