HOME

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Creperie Saint Germain and Temple SF

Honestly, I've seriously been wanting to try some of the new fancy street food I keep reading about in SFGate.com. I even did a Flirty Idea about hiring a food truck to come to your wedding reception. But until recently I always seemed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. That is until I went to SF with MC Carl Mindling to attend a Martini Madness event.

There, parked right next door to the night club we were headed to, was Creperie Saint Germain. The menu was varied, the prices reasonable and the crepes...

Their posted hours on Yelp are:

Mon-Thu. 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Fri. 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Sat. 12:00 a.m. - 3:00 a.m.
Sat. 10:00 p.m. - 3:00 a.m.

They are located just nextdoor to Temple SF so when the club has a big event going on they will stay open late as they did that night. I'll be adding their phone number to my address book so that I can call ahead and make sure they are open the next time I'm nearby: (415) 948-7348

The crepes were delicious! I've only ever had one crepe before in my life and it was a fresh banana with nutella crepe at Crepes-a-Go-Go in Berkeley. It was good but too sweet for me. So this was my first savory crepe, and I loved it! The crepe itself is made of organic buckwheat and had a light sweet flavor to it. I had the Smoked Salmon crepe with fresh spinach, cream cheese, caper and green onions. *Drool* It was large, foil wrapped and easy to eat on the street and in the car.

Creperie Saint Germain is parked on Howard Street between 1st and 2nd on the North side of the street.

So from the cool, blue, San Francisco skyline behind the crepe cart, I walked into a red hot nightclub when I entered Temple SF.

LOL it was so red and so dark it was kind of hard to take pictures for you so I only tried a little. I will say the bar staff was friendly and helpful which is always nice. There were 2 other rooms that I never got the chance to see I was so busy meeting new people and catching up with friends but I heard the basement was pretty cool.

I took this shot from the loft which gave me a great view of the dance floor and bar. I love attending Martini Madness events! Thank you as always to Event Designer Duncan Reyes for creating these fabulous opportunities for us to mix and mingle! I wish I had thought to grab a picture of Duncan that night :( I will next time for sure.

0 Click Here to Comment: