HOME

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Do You Want to Start a Blog?

Whether you've wanted to start a business blog or a blog just for fun, if the reason you haven't is because you find learning how to blog intimidating or shrouded in geeky complexities you fear you can't comprehend, I want to tell you it's within your reach. Well as long as you have a computer and internet access it can be.

To create a basic post only takes a few simples steps that are pretty easy to learn. The more often you post the faster and easier it is to start adding more skills to your blogging proficiency.

I really love blogging. Following a blogging presentation I gave this past week I realized that if I could only have a blog or a website... I would choose keeping my blog any day of the week!

Thanks to my blog I have made friends, learned things from my readers, received wonderful opportunities to publicize what I do for a living and what's important to me (like the marrow donor program) and have become a better photographer, writer and speller. That's a lot of upside for a small investment of time. Speaking of time, one of the questions I am most often asked is how long does it take me to create a post... Sometimes as little as 5 minutes other times as much as an hour or more. It just depends :)

If you want to start a blog of your own you can learn a lot of the basics by CLICKING HERE and taking a peek at the new tutorials I just put online today in The Flirty Idea Gallery.

2 Click Here to Comment:

Evonne Wong said...

That's how we met, Stacie... through our blogs! I LOVE blogging although I am having a hard time keeping up with 2 business blogs and 1 personal blog now!

The Flirty Girl said...

Indeed we did :D

LOL on the multiple blogs. I was having a hard time keeping up with my own and Tami's blog last year. Plus my dog has a very neglected blog :(