HOME

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Congratulations San Francisco Giants! World Series Champions!

Game 5 of the World Series and I spent it with friends and strangers at a Mexican restaurant in Mountain View, CA. Normally I don't drink soda but tonight I bought an orange soda because it was a Giant's team color. I also wore my Giant's baseball cap for luck.

I had a feeling we were going to win (and take the series tonight) and the Giant's didn't disappoint. They had played really well during the series. The only disappointment was that they won the series on an away game instead of here in San Francisco at AT&T Park. I did love that our self proclaimed team of misfits overcame quite a bit of adversity and mocking and still won the series. I always love a good underdog story.


Whether you flew to Texas or watched on tv, we all had the opportunity to experience a moment of sheer elation which doesn't come along every day! But the party isn't over... Wednesday morning a ticker tape parade for the Giants will begin at 11:00 AM at Montgomery and Washington streets before heading southbound on Montgomery to Market Street and then going down Market to Grove Street, and then I believe turning right on Polk arriving at Civic Center Plaza in front of San Francisco City Hall.


The Ticker Tape Parade Route! CLICK MAP to Enlarge.

Following the parade, the Giants will be given the key to the city by mayor Gavin Newsom on the steps to City Hall. This is the same route the team took when they moved from New York to San Francisco in 1958.


I haven't been to a game in the past decade which is a shame (whether we have a winning team or not) because the games are fun & easy to follow and we have a gorgeous ball park that has great food. Maybe next year I'll go catch at least one game. For now, CONGRATULATIONS to the SF Giants!


AT&T Ball Park

0 Click Here to Comment: