HOME

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Encouraging Volunteerism

In my latest "Try Something New" column in The Campbell Express I took the opportunity to encourage readers to try volunteering if they never have before. From the column:
Maybe you feel uncomfortable to volunteer at something simply because you've never done it before and you won't know anyone else there. I felt like that for a long time. Would I fit in? What if I wasn't able to do what needed to be done? I've since discovered that when you do volunteer, basic training is always provided and you will be able to do what needs to be done. A bonus is you create new friendships with the people you work alongside of because you're bound to have at least one common interest, whatever the cause is that you're both there for.
Whether you want to volunteer at something once a year or make a long term commitment there are many worthy people and organizations out there who need your help.

CLICK HERE to read the full column on The Campbell Express online (page 6).

If you want to go straight to volunteering visit www.VolunteerMatch.org to locate local organizations that need help wherever you live.



0 Click Here to Comment: