HOME

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Designer, DIY, Sliding Door Security Idea

Recently I was visiting my Auntie and noticed that she, like many of us, was using a wooden dowel as a security precaution, blocking her sliding door from being pushed open from the outside.

What made hers different was the crooked screw used as a handle and the fact that this makeshift door security option looked completely out of place compared to how beautiful the rest of her home is decorated.

Functional but Not Attractive

So I had an idea. Let's paint the stick white to match the door frame, drill a hole straight through the dowel and add a cabinet knob or handle in place of the screw.

An afternoon project that turned out beautifully!

I'll be creating an upcoming photo tutorial as soon as I find the right knobs for my own house. It's so easy! Some of you may be surprised just how easy and inexpensive this is to do :)

0 Click Here to Comment: