HOME

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Interview On the Lotus Blossoming Telesummit is Tonight!

Though I started my life as a very happy child, somewhere along the way I became an excruciatingly shy, art nerd with a tendency to be too sensitive at times. Once in college I found my way out of my shell and began experiencing life by *gasp* actually talking to people! Fast forward to the present and I'm now the ultra-social, fun and flirty girl who talks to everyone and anyone whether one on one, giving public presentations or here on The Flirty Blog.


As a child and adolescent I felt like the black sheep in my family and like a misfit in society. I wanted to fit in but I always felt I was on the outside looking in. With time came life experience and the wisdom to realize that it is truly our differences that make each of us unique and what we once considered a weakness can actually be a strength.

Most importantly I've learned that fear is to be considered when physical safety is at stake but when it's just my ego in danger of being damaged I now ignore the fear of failure and plow ahead because failures are to be expected, learned from and embraced as part of the process of self discovery. For instance, if you haven't discovered your hidden talents it only means you haven't tried enough things. We all have hidden talents. I truly believe that.


So when Holly Tse approached me and asked if I would participate in a telesummit with a dozen Asian women all willing to talk about the the paths that brought them to where they are today, what their future goals are and how cultural aspects of their upbringing helped to mold who they've become, I was intrigued and willing.

Some of what makes me who I am is based on culture. Being Japanese American there were ways I was taught to be based on how my parents were raised by their parents who were all from Japan. Much of it I continue to embrace while other parts I've left behind.

My hour long interview with Holly during the Lotus Blossoming Telesummit is airing tonight, August 9th, at 6pm PST (9pm EST).

You may learn some things about me you didn't know and hopefully my experience will help you to become a fearless, can-do kind of gal or guy!

HOW TO LISTEN IN BY PHONE: This event took place on Aug 9, 2011

HOW TO LISTEN IN ONLINE (live & for 48 hrs after the broadcast)
- Visit http://www.lotusblossoming.com/thankyou.html
- Scroll to the box featuring Stacie Tamaki and click "Listen to Stacie"

My interview is for anyone who has ever felt stifled by their family's expectations, uninspired by society's standard of success or disappointed by their own perceived limitations to reach beyond what they were taught or think they know to become who they were destined to be.

Quick links to the sites discussed in the interview:

Helping Tami
Encouraging people world wide to join "Be The Match" aka the National Marrow Donor Program.
Marrow Drives
How to launch a bone marrow or stem cell donor drive.
Kitai
Featuring my dog Kitai and the crazy Halloween costumes I make him each year. This is a pro-shelter and rescue dog website
Girl Goes Geek
• Web Design
• Web
Development
• Illustrations
• Social Media consulting and education

0 Click Here to Comment: