HOME

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Eco-friendly: A fabric gift wrap idea you already have at home


Here it is: Instead of wrapping our gifts to each other in paper, hubby and I wrap them in pillow cases and bed sheets. I add ribbon for a fancier touch and  even reuse the ribbon each year. LOL


To be honest I'm not sure why hubby likes this idea. I like it because it's eco-friendly. I think he likes it because it's less work than wrapping with paper.


Every year I keep saying I'm going to buy some cute holiday fabric and sew a few pillow case style bags in different sizes for small and medium sized items and have a few larger flat sheets for bigger boxes. With holiday fabric they would be so much more festive looking. But I still haven't got around to it so I decided to show them to you as they are.


For the large box I used a flat sheet with three small binder (paper) clips to clip the fabric from two sides together across the top. I created hospital corners with the extra fabric and drew up the other two sides and tied them across the top with a piece of ribbon.


The effect of opening a fabric wrapped gift is the same as a paper wrapped gift. It just takes a little less time and there's nothing to throw away after :)

0 Click Here to Comment: