HOME

Friday, December 9, 2011

Healthy Street Food

This street food was not from a truck. Technically it was sidewalk food as I was dining on a patio in Palo Alto with plenty of street nearby which, to me, qualifies as street food :)


Is that a good looking salad or what? It was crunchy, tasty and healthy all rolled into one. I had it vegetarian style but if you're a meat eater for $2 more you can order it with free-range chicken breast or for $3 you can add grilled shrimp. If you're vegetarian but want it to be a heavier meal you can add-on Gardein chicken or agave lime grilled tofu each for $2 more.


Where was I? One of my new favorite restaurants, LYFE Kitchen. You'll know you're there when you see the giant silver and orange fork when you look up.


This was the Chopped Napa Cabbage Salad with red pepper, edamame, cherry tomatoes, broccolini, scallion, cashews, cranberries, basil, mint, lime and ginger-sesame dressing. It cost $7.79 had only 379 calories and 551 mg of sodium.


And I can't go to LYFE Kitchen for lunch or dinner without ordering my favorite side dish of Brussels Sprouts & Squash for $2.49 with 187 calories and only 207 mg of sodium.


Chances are if you ask to have a lunch meeting with me and leave the restaurant choice to me we'll be dining at LYFE Kitchen :)

And if you're in Palo Alto and hungry, I'd definitely recommend trying it out. And don't forget to Love Your Food Everyday!

LYFE KItchen
167 N. Hamilton, Palo Alto, CA
650-325-LYFE (5933)

Mon-Thurs 7:00 AM-9:00 PM
Fri 7:00 AM-10:00 PM
Sat 8:00 AM-10:00 PM
Sun 8:00 AM-9:00 PM

0 Click Here to Comment: