HOME

Friday, December 23, 2011

If you love bread pudding head to Santa Cruz and Nuevo Southwest Grill

ETA: This restaurant closed the year after I published this post.

My expectations were sky high. My foodie friend Carl had been raving about Nuevo Southwest Grill's Sweet Potato Bread Pudding for over a year.

I loved the table top as much as the bread pudding!

My friend Orbie also told me, more than once, I had to go try it. Well, today I finally did. And guess what? It was as good as they said it would be. The caramel sauce was spectacular! Really.


For some reason I thought the bread would be orange but it wasn't. There were small bits and pieces of sweet potato in the bread, you could see them, but not nearly as much as I'd expected. Yummy! It was warm, moist and not too sweet to offset the sweetness of the caramel sauce.

The first time I had Saturn Cafe's Jalapeno Burger was March 2011

Thank you to Orbie and Carl for taking me to Nuevo so that I could finally try the bread pudding. It was even better than both of you said it would be :) And lunch at the Saturn Cafe beforehand was delicious as always! I LOVE their spicy, vegetarian, Jalapeno Burger.

Carl just did a blog post about Nuevo this morning so if you want to read about their food and sangrias CLICK HERE. And Orbie raved about their fresh aqua frescas so if you're an aqua fresca fan be sure to order one with your bread pudding :) Today's flavors were watermelon and honey dew.

0 Click Here to Comment: