HOME

Friday, January 13, 2012

Photo Tip: Don't miss a great photo op

As a blogger, here's how I never miss a photo opportunity: I always carry my camera with me. Always.

My former Lumix DMC-LX3 point and shoot camera.

When I carried a smaller point and shoot it was really easy to do. I kept my little camera (and a spare battery) in a little camera bag and would throw it in my purse or jacket pocket.

The Panasonic Lumix GF2 micro four thirds camera system.

Because it's much smaller than a DSLR I thought switching to the GF2 micro four thirds camera system would allow me to upgrade the quality of photos I take and would continue to allow me to bring the camera with me everywhere I go.


Guess what? My new four thirds system fits in this 7.5" x 10" bag . It holds the camera body, zoom lens, macro lens and a spare battery.


Just like that.


And the pouch fits in my purse. Just like this.

Unfortunately you can't do this with a DSLR. I know. I bought one, took it out once and never used it again. It was too heavy and cumbersome for everyday schlepping around.

So if you're like me, a blogger who wants better pictures, or you're someone on the fence about upgrading your hobby camera from a point and shoot to a DSLR, take a look at the micro four thirds systems before you make the leap to a full sized DSLR.

Having a camera small enough to keep with me at all times is my best tip on how I avoid missing out on photographing great bloggable moments :)

0 Click Here to Comment: