HOME

Monday, March 12, 2012

A delicious and petite French Toast breakfast

I don't know about you but sometimes I get tired of restaurants giving me huge portions much to large to eat in one sitting. It bothers me mostly because I hate wasting food. While I do love leftovers, not all foods reheat well so I'm always pleased when a restaurant serves up a perfect portion. It makes me feel like Goldilocks, not too much, not too little. At the Palace Cafe my Brioche French Toast was "just right" and really delicious!


Brioche French Toast: Brioche Bread soaked in a mixture of eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon ($7.00) with fresh squeezed orange juice ($3.00).


Hubby and I literally wandered in on a Sunday morning having never been to the Palace Cafe before. There were cute tables out front on the sidewalk that evoke a quaint bistro effect. As we stepped inside the feeling was intimate with nice style touches like colorful murals along the south wall, attractive overhead lighting fixtures, a fancy ceiling, and a pastry case I'll have to go back and review on another visit. A great finishing touch was the service was also spot on. The staff was pleasant and welcoming but not smothering. This could become one of my new favorite stops if the food and service are consistent the next time I go back.

So, if you're ever in Sunnyvale and looking for a petite breakfast, try the Palace Cafe. It's right on Murphy Ave. just north of Dish Dash and the Bean Scene coffee shop but on the opposite side of the street.

Palace Cafe & Catering
139 South Murphy Avenue
Sunnyvale CA 94086
(408) 774-6111

0 Click Here to Comment: