HOME

Saturday, March 17, 2012

A green pasta for St. Patrick's Day dinner


To celebrate St. Patrick's Day. . .


I'll be cooking something green for dinner. I found Chef Chloe's Avocado Pesto Pasta recipe on Pinterest a few weeks ago and thought it would be perfect for St. Patrick's Day dinner.


Or any dinner for that matter. From the sounds of the comments on the recipe page it's like a creamy pesto sauce, only vegan! I'll let you know how it came out tomorrow. If you make it be sure to come back and let me know how yours turned out.

The one recipe change I'm making is from one of the comments on Chef Chloe's website. I'm going to use raw cashews instead of pine nuts because I once saw Chef Tal Ronnen use raw cashews as the cream base for a vegan corn chowder soup and it came out great.

Here's hoping it turns out green and delicious!

ETA: The dish came out FANTASTIC! I did make two changes to the recipe on Chef Chloe's web site. Here they are:

1. I substituted 1/2 cup of raw cashews for the 1/2 cup of pine nuts
2. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup of olive oil. Instead I only used 1/4 cup of olive oil. I noticed one commenter on the original page who mentioned her batch came out too diluted so I only put half of the oil in and it came out perfect!

0 Click Here to Comment: