HOME

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Photo Tip: Shoot from above and below

A few months ago I did a post about shooting a bare tree in winter from the front facing the sun, or backlit from behind.

Today I share with you a similar photo tip: When possible shoot from above and below too! What a difference perspective can make!


I love this image where I shot up into the flowering cherry tree. The little bird was a bonus!


The same tree shot from above is also beautiful showing more of the surrounding garden. I'm glad I took both angles. It may be more time consuming to shoot the same object twice but in many cases it's definitely worth it to find the better shot, or in this case two good shots. Plus the extra walking is good exercise :)

To photograph this same tree visit the Hakone Gardens right now while it's still blooming.

Hakone Estate and Gardens - Website
21000 Big Basin Way
Saratoga CA 95070
408.741.4994

0 Click Here to Comment: