HOME

Monday, April 16, 2012

Bloody Marys and Benedicts: Brunching with friends


This past weekend I tried my first Bloody Mary. Ever. My friends Andy and Lisa (of Lisa Whalen Photography) had invited some of their friends over for a brunch to meet Lisa's dad who was visiting from out of town and as usual, we had a fun and food filled time.


Like I said, I'd never tried a Bloody Mary before. Turns out I didn't really like it mostly because I'd also never tried tomato juice before and didn't like the tomato juice. Maybe if I had a Bloody Mary with no tomato juice I'd like it better. LOL!


While Andy was busy making us Eggs Benedict and Eggs Florentine we feasted on some goodies at the table. . .


Like Burrata cheese. . .


Crab legs. . .


Carl made Deviled Eggs with French Fried onion rings. . .


Andy also made these par-boiled then Oven Roasted Potatoes with sea salt and fresh rosemary. . .


As he poached the eggs. . .


And fried Canadian Bacon for the Benedicts. . .


While preparing the spinach for the Florentines. . .


Then he plated the eggs. . . And added Hollandaise Sauce made from scratch!


Voila! Brunch was served and boy was it good.

The only requirement was we were all told to wear grey to attend. (Just kidding :P LOL)

Andy made it look so easy I'm thinking it might be fun to host a brunch here sometime. Maybe I will this summer. It could be a new fun way to spend time with friends. Thanks so much to Andy for being the chef and to Andy and LIsa for the invitation. It was a pleasure meeting your dad Lisa and great fun to hang out with Orbie and Carl.

Thanks to my fellow diners for contributing some iPhone photos and snapshots. We will definitely have to do this again sometime :)

0 Click Here to Comment: