HOME

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Another successful SF bake sale for Share our Strength


Last Saturday I headed to San Francisco to the intersection of Church and Cesar Chavez.


With me I'd brought two dozen Orange Gumdrop Oatmeal Cookies.


They were for the San Francisco Food Blogger Bake Sale. We raised $1140 for Share our Strength. A national organization whose goal is to end childhood hunger in America by 2015.


There were plenty of hungry customers out in front of the Noe Valley Pet Co


And plenty of baked goods!


Cakes, mini pies, cupcakes, cookies, bread and more. . .


Like these freshly baked croissants. They were so fresh out-of-the-oven they were still warm.


And lookie who I saw! Irvin Lin from Eat the Love, one of my favorite food bloggers. So I photographed him with my favorite fisheye lens! It was through Irvin's blog last year that I learned about the Food Blogger Bake Sale and signed up to bake for the past two years now.


I mentioned there were cakes and cookies right? There were lots of cookies! I had to choose two varities, one for hubby and one for me.


Hubby loves classics so I got him these Chocolate Chip with Sea Salt cookies from Kitchen Salt.


And for me? This Eat the Love Pistachio Caramelized White Chocolate "Brownie" with Balsamic Strawberry Swirl. Yes. It was delicious!

Just to the right of the sign is where I saw the street koi.

If you're a foodie, and love to cook, tomorrow I'll introduce you to a book store you'll have to visit if you're ever in San Francisco. They were the official location sponsor of this year's bake sale. So be sure to check back :)

Thank you to everyone who came out to support the SF Food Bloggers Bake Sale. It takes both our love to bake and your support to raises the funds that will help feed kids in need. And a big thank you to our SF organizers Anita, Annelies, Irvin and Shauna.

If you'd like to help support Share our Strength you can organize a bake sale in your city or make a donation directly to the organization.

0 Click Here to Comment: