HOME

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Baby Hummingbirds: Day 14 and I see green!

Sleeping Baby Hummingbirds

Aw. Here's what happens when baby birds start getting too big to fit in their nest. Wings everywhere!

Baby Hummingbird's Mouth Open

Though Itty and Bitty seemed sound asleep when I peeked in on them Itty threw open his mouth waiting for his next meal. Bitty couldn't have cared less about food. All Bitty wanted to do was sleep.

Baby Hummingbird, Wing Feathers

It gave me a chance to get a close up picture of Bitty's wing and the little feathers breaking out of their casings. And do you see what I saw?

Baby Hummingbird, Green Feathers

Green feathers! The babies feathers are coming in green along their backs. Oh so cute!

Dreaming Baby Hummingbirds

Watching them sleeping so peacefully I couldn't help but wonder if they dream. If they do I wonder what they dream about. I guess eating. Maybe that's what Itty was doing earlier, sleep eating. LOL

To view all of the baby hummingbird photos and videos just CLICK HERE

0 Click Here to Comment: