HOME

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Breakfast at La Bicyclette


Ever since discovering La Bicyclette in Carmel by the Sea last December, it's become one of my most favorite restaurants.


In the past I've enjoyed their lunches and outrageously wonderful desserts. Recently, I stopped by for my first breakfast which is served from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM each day.


The first thing I noticed as I walked in that morning was a rack of bread and pastries in the center of one of the dining rooms. As it turns out, La Bicyclette bakes their own wood fired bread each morning! Something about it struck me as familiar. Then I realized: I've had the same breads before but at their sister restaurant the Corkscrew Cafe!


Wood oven baked breads at the Corkscrew Cafe in Carmel Valley.


They even have a bread sampler on the menu at the Corscrew Cafe. It probably comes as no surprise to you I have a picture of it :)


But back to breakfast. . . this is what caught my eye on La Bicyclette's Breakfast menu: Fresh Cured Wild Salmon with mascarpone, meyer lemon, chives, & capers.


I had a feeling the portion wouldn't be huge so I asked the waitress if it was a good or bad idea to add a poached egg to my order. She thought it was a great idea so I did.


I carefully spread the mascarpone, capers and chives on each piece of baguette.


Then I laid a bite of salmon on top and finished with a bite of egg. It was delicious! I swear. If I lived closer to Carmel I'd be eating here at least once a week!


To savor the experience and make it last a little longer I did order two mini fruit croissants to go and had them for breakfast the next morning.

If you'd like to visit La Bicyclette too here's their address. Note there's no street number. In Carmel by the Sea the addresses are simply cross streets but you'll spot it right on the corner of Dolores St and 7th Ave if you go looking for it :)

La Bicyclette - website
Dolores Street at 7th
831-622-9899

0 Click Here to Comment: