HOME

Thursday, July 12, 2012

I took the "You know you’re a food blogger if…" survey and...

This is Irvin Lin. Even though we haven't known each other for very long (2 years), or very well (we've seen each other 2 times at the 2011 and 2012 Food Blogger Bakesales) I'm a fan of his blog "Eat the Love" because his posts (here), and sometimes his photos (here scroll to the bottom), make me LOL. His writing style is self deprecating, ridiculously witty and fun.


Recently, we managed to avoid seeing each other for two whole days while up in Seattle at the BlogHerFood 2012 conference. Neither of us are quite sure how we accomplished this feat since we'd even tweeted we'd keep an eye out for each other to say hi. We were like two ships that passed in Puget Sound.

After the conference Irvin wrote a post titled  "You know you’re a food blogger if…" that cracked me up! It's a list of 40 observations that came to him while in Seattle surrounded by other food bloggers.

Though I'm not a niche food blogger, and more often than not refer to myself as a lifestyle blogger, I think I may be both. I do blog an awful lot about eating, cooking, baking and shopping for food, desserts and ingredients. I think my answers to Irvin's 40 questions would qualify me as a food blogger. If I'm not there yet I'm definitely nearing the tipping point. There were:

25 x Yes
2 x Kind of
2 x Almost there
5 x Not yet
5 x No
1 x I wish I'd thought of this :)

To find out if you're a food blogger just CLICK HEREFor the curious, here are my answers:

1. Yes, well I would be if I ever saw them!
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Not yet
5. No
6. Yes
7. Yes
8. Not yet
9. Yes
10. No, but sometimes I'm so tempted to I have to sit on my hands :)
11. YES
12. Kind of
13. Kind of
14. Yes
15. Yes, I was
16. Yes
17. No
18. No
19. Yes
20. YES
21. Yes
22. Yes
23. Yes
24. Yes. Well, cut in half to photograph the interior then gave it to a friend.
25. Yes
26. Not yet
27. No
28. LOL YES Exactly x 5 though the French Fry shaker now houses my iodized table salt.
29. Yes
30. Yes - I wish
31. Almost there
32. Yes
33. Not yet
34. Yes
35. LOL Yes x at least 10
36. Yes
37. Yes
38. Almost there
39. Yes
40. I wish I'd thought of this :)

3. Yes

6. Yes (here and here)

24. Yes

28. Yes

30. Yes

35. Yes

0 Click Here to Comment: