HOME

Saturday, November 17, 2012

As the rest of the world mourns the passing of the Twinkie. . .

I'm sad there will be no more Hostess Powder Sugar Donuts with the Raspberry Filling. Actually, I've been in semi-mourning for them for years because I haven't been able to find them in California for a very long time. But when I travel to Washington State I'd spot them here and there. July 2010 was the last time I had them. Guess it's a good thing I took pictures while I could.


When I took these pictures my mom laughed at how much I still loved them. I remember when I was a little kid, around 10 years old, helping her with the dinner dishes and she'd give me some as an extra dessert. I was so short I had to stand on a stool to reach the drainboard to dry the dishes. Maybe that's why they were my favorites. They remind me of having a special bonding moment with my mom :)

My other Hostess favorites were none of their most popular flavors. I loved Snowballs,
Apple Pies, Tiger Tails, and most of all. . . Chocodiles!

0 Click Here to Comment: