HOME

Sunday, December 16, 2012

LYFE Kitchen was at a Safeway near me!


Imagine my surprise when I stopped by a Safeway today, and saw a LYFE Kitchen kiosk in front of the store promoting their new heat and serve line of low calorie, no preservatives, frozen food. There were four healthful dishes to choose from:

  • Steel Cut Oatmeal with Quinoa and Mixed Fruits (280 calories)
  • Orange Mango Chicken with Whole Grains, Kale, and Broccoli (420 calories)
  • Lemon Spiced Barramundi with Market Greens, Mushrooms, and Soba Noodles (250 calories)
  • Chicken Chili Verde with Polenta and Black Beans (320 calories)


I'm lucky their first restaurant location was opened near where I live but this has always been the company's vision: To be able to bring healthful, affordable food to the country beyond their restaurant locations.

They were passing out hot samples to anyone who wanted to try them. I'm not sure if this is a regional or nationwide event but if you stop by your local Safeway today and see them, be sure to stop in for a sample.

I need to visit the restaurant so I can check out their new seasonal fall/winter menu. The spring menu was fantastic and I'm sure the cold weather has brought some great new dishes to the menu. Soon, Southern California will have its own LYFE Kitchen restaurant opening in Culver City in January 2013.

0 Click Here to Comment: