HOME

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

It's in the 408: Where am I?

Today as part of the Sony Unedited408 project I'm supposed to:

"Share a photo of yourself in one of your local spots, somewhere that is significant to your city's cultural identity."


Being outdoors enjoying nature is definitely part of what I would say is the 408's cultural identity. I mean, it's snow-on-the-ground winter in other parts of the country but here it's been feeing more like early fall or spring. I recruited Kitai with his adorable fuzzy face and mohawk to pose with me. Unless you know this tree we could be almost anywhere in the 408 area code so here's a clue:

No man (or woman) is an island.

Where are we?


You may be wondering how did I compose this shot? I put the NEX-5R on a tripod within arm's reach in front of us, flipped the LCD display screen up, and used the three second auto-self portrait function to take the picture. The screen allows you to see yourself to perfectly compose each shot.

To create the Instagram'ish filter effect I didn't use the camera's built in Picture Effect Mode. The "Retro" look was what I wanted but the function also lightens the image and I wanted to retain contrast. Instead, I set the white balance to the "Shade" mode because it adds yellow to balance out the extra blue that shade creates.

Very soon all 50 of my images will be on display at the Valley Fair Mall Sony Store! For those who don't live in the area, you'll be able to view it online a few weeks later. I'll share the dates when the galleries go live.



Final Results from the Sony NEX-5R Unedited408 (4/28/13) with all 50 images.



Disclosure: While I'm not receiving payment for participating, I am receiving compensation in the form of the camera and lens to use for the project and to keep after. This does not mean I am obligated to give a positive review of the camera or lens. My opinions are my own and accurate regarding my experience with the NEX-5R.  #Sony408 #SonyStore

0 Click Here to Comment: