HOME

Thursday, April 25, 2013

I found the vintage, folding trailer chairs I'd been hoping for

Today was my lucky day!

For my tiny travel trailer I'd been searching and searching online and at local second hand and antique shops for months looking for a pair of vintage folding chairs to set up outside my tiny trailer. I'd seen several pairs like this with the cute circular shape and rounded back but they were all on the east coast. Not a problem until you find out the shipping will run around $70-$80 in addition to the price of the chairs. *Gulp.* As much as I loved them I just couldn't bring myself to pay for shipping charges that cost as much as, or more than, the chairs themselves.


So imagine my glee when I walked into the Antiques Colony, an antique shop in San Jose, and spotted a pair for around the same price as those I'd seen online, but no shipping!

I'm going to DIY paint them a bright, shiny yellow, sew little cushions for the seat, and get ready to hang out beside my trailer with an extra seat for company. Sweet! Since my trailer is new they'll be great for bringing a nice vintage touch when I'm set up at trailer rallies or just hanging out at a campground getting to know my neighbors.

ETA: Because several people have asked, the chairs will travel in the trunk of my car along with the table once I find one. They fold down to 3.5 inches so they'll fit just fine.

I'll be sure to post a before and after update after they're re-finished. For now I'm smiling ear-to-ear.


And after :)



To follow the entire build thread from beginning to end just click on the "Trailer - Build" category on the side bar or CLICK HERE.

To view all of my trailer gear and decorating posts CLICK HERE.

0 Click Here to Comment: