HOME

Thursday, May 2, 2013

How to unsubscribe from the Restoration Hardware Source Book

This morning a friend posted on Facebook:


"Entire rainforests must be decimated every time Restoration Hardware launches a seasonal ad campaign. We purchased one item on a 50% off store closing sale over a year ago and they've literally been mailing us pounds of catalogs ever since. This is their largest mailing yet, and it's a definite reminder for me to remove ourselves from their mailing list. . ."

I'd read a news article last September about the sheer volume of last fall's 5.5 lb, 992 page "Source Book." Because I'm fairly eco-conscious I found the link to unsubscribe on the company's website and posted it on FB for her and her two friends who also said they receive but don't need it. It only took moments and she was removed.


According to SF Gate in the article I linked to above "The hope, say industry insiders, is that the breadth of the catalog will keep consumers from chucking it into the trash after a quick flip through, and it will instead become a lifestyle guide kept on hand for months."

But I suspect some people keep it long enough to skim just part of it only once.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Restoration and their products, but I hate waste.

As a public service announcement to help end catalog paper waste I thought I'd share the link here so that anyone who would like to unsubscribe can do so in less than a minute online: CLICK HERE to UNSUBSCRIBE


0 Click Here to Comment: