HOME

Friday, August 23, 2013

Wearable words of inspiration


Recently I realized I have an affinity for jewelry with words. Not only that but three of my favorite pieces I purchased over the span of a decade at at my friend Deb's store, Simply Smashing Boutique, in Downtown Campbell, CA.


Just recently my friend Christina had set up a trunk show in front of the boutique. Then she posted she was there on Facebook. I had some free time so I dropped by because I'd noticed this "FEARLESS" pendant was part of the current collection of pewter tags. In light of my recent trip to Michigan to pick up The Glampette I was feeling pretty fearless (and a little fierce) so I had to have it.


A bracelet I purchased there years ago simply says "FOLLOW YOUR PASSION." I love it. It's a good reminder when I get muddled up in day-to-day living and lose sight of what's important to me.


Years before that I found this pendant at the boutique. It's a tiny sterling silver book. It's so cute the pages even open and turn. Inside it contains one of my favorite Aesop proverbs. . .


That's how I try to live my life. Some days I'm more successful than others, but I try.


This is the boutique. It's located at 241 B E. Campbell Ave. (map) right in the heart of downtown Campbell.


The  boutique offers all kinds of jewelry that might speak to you including earrings and necklaces made from Scrabble games, Bingo pieces, old typewriter keys, and guitar picks.


Origami Owl also offers other charms and their signature "Living Lockets" which are small glass lockets that you fill with your choice of tiny charms in the Origami Owl collection.

If you want to visit when Christina is there with a trunk show be sure to join the Simply Smashing Facebook page for all of the boutiques "Smashanista" updates. Or shop at Christina's Origami Owl online storefront at THIS LINK.

I'm always on the lookout for more of my favorite sayings. Two new quotes new friends have recently introduced me to that I love are:

“Live simply so that others may simply Live”
- St. Elizabeth Seton

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair."
- Kahlil Gibran

If you ever see them on a piece of jewelry please let me know :)

0 Click Here to Comment: