HOME

Monday, December 2, 2013

theflirtygirl is on Instagram!

Like many of you I find the sheer number of social media platforms overwhelming. Where should I spend my time? I don't want to be online 24/7.

In the past I've struggled with Twitter. I've always felt the time investment to be present there was more than I could give. But, after my recent four week trip to Mauston, Wi, Michigan's UP, and Toronto, Canada I realized when I'm on the road tweeting is the best way for me to keep in touch with, well, everyone!


So I began tweeting.

That's when I realized it would be beneficial to open an Instagram account and share pictures from Instagram on Twitter. To be present on two social media platforms instead of just one. When I post an image on Instagram, I have the option to simultaneously share it on Twitter and Facebook. Because I don't want to inundate my friends/followers with redundant content I've decided to use each platform the following way:
  • Instagram is where I can share photos taken on my iPhone. I am choosing to share them in limited quantities through my Twitter feed.
  • Twitter shares my blog posts through an RSS feed, has organic content written only for Twitter, and some shared photos from Instagram.
  • My Facebook professional page shares my blog RSS feed and I go as needed to answer questions and thank visitors for their comments.
If you click on the names of the platforms above you can find and follow/friend me and I will friend/follow you back :)

If you have any great tips for me on best ways to use Instagram please feel free to share them in the comments. I'm starting from scratch and could use some help on my learning curve.

0 Click Here to Comment: