HOME

Monday, March 10, 2014

A delicious surprise: Agave in Mountain View


On the northwest corner at the intersection of Castro and Villa Steets in downtown Mountain View my friend Judy and I found a gem of a Mexican restaurant. We chose Agave because they had outdoor seating, perfect because Kitai was with us. A look at the menu and we both commented that the prices seemed a little high. That observation quickly made sense once we saw and tasted the food. Agave is all about flavor, freshness, and quality with portions that were enough to fill us both up at our late lunch.

The red was not too spicy and the green was nice and tangy.

When the chips and salsas arrived I immediately knew we'd chosen a good restaurant. One bite and I could tell the sauces were made from scratch. There was both a freshness and depth of flavor I haven't ever experienced from a can or jar. The chips were also exceptional in both texture and flavor, something I noticed because I hate chips that have no flavor or taste like they were fried in old, stale oil. At that point I was very much looking forward to my meal. . .


I'd ordered the Veggie Enchiladas lunch special. They were superb. The vegetables (corn, onion, squash, and tomato) were impeccably fresh and the green sauce was delicious. I ate every bit of the rice and black beans too. In fact, I cleaned my plate and bowl.

Agave's Sangria

Agave is one of four sister restaurants that include Fiesta Del Mar and Fiesta Del Mar Too (also in Mountain View) and the Blue Agave Club (in Pleasanton).

Here's where you'll find them:

Agave - website
Phone: 650-969-6767
194 Castro Street
Mountain View CA 94041

0 Click Here to Comment: